Plant-based ingredients are an amazing alternative for people with Eczema. They’re gentle, moisturizing, and free of harsh chemicals that can quickly and almost reliably irritate sensitive skin. Here are the top 10 plant-based ingredients for Eczema, and my top-selling soaps I make with each of them:
1. Aloe vera is a natural anti-inflammatory that can help soothe and hydrate dry, itchy skin. It also contains antioxidants that can help protect the skin from damage. One of my summertime go to's is the Aloe Vera Soap
2. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that can help reduce inflammation and itching. It's also rich in fatty acids that can help repair the skin's barrier function. Lucky for you, all of my soaps not only contain coconut oil as a part of my base recipe, but a generous amount. So shop away! All of my Eczema-Targeted Soaps with Coconut Oil
3. Oatmeal is a natural, anti-inflammatory skin soother that can help relieve itching and irritation. It's quite popular amongst eczema sufferers. In short, it is at the top of the list for collectively being the most moisturizing, soothing, cleansing, safe, effective, and probably quickest ingredient for rapid eczema relief. Of course skin types are different, so patch tests should always be a best practice when trying anything new. Have seasonal or dreadfully all the time flare-ups?? You don't have to. Shop my Oatmeal Honey Soap and my Oat Milk Honey Soap. They have the same ingredients, with the difference being the oatmeal water not being strained but instead pureed for an actual oat milk in the Oat Milk Honey Soap.
4. Chamomile is a natural anti-inflammatory that can help soothe and calm irritated skin. It also has antibacterial properties that can help prevent infection. Our top seller CBD Soap contains my proprietary blend of ashwagandha & chamomile oil. Like all of my products I make the oil blend in small batches. CBD alone has a ridiculous amount of benefits pertaining to eczema such as relaxing, hydrating and soothing irritated skin. To stay on the topic of chamomile however, I'll save that for another post. My suggestion would be to grab this three in one CBD Soap for your eczema pain points.
5. Calendula is a natural anti-inflammatory that can help reduce redness and swelling. It also has antifungal and antibacterial properties that can help prevent infection. Only issue is, the soap that I formulated with this wonderful ingredient is for our precious fur cargo. The JLS Dog Shampoo & Conditioner Bar is specially formulated for canines. It's the only soap I use for my blue nose pitbull who sufferers from seasonal allergies. She's happy. I have a feeling your pup will be too if they have sensitive skin like my precious Powder.
6. Shea butter is a natural moisturizer that can help repair the skin's barrier function. It's also rich in vitamins A and E, which can help protect the skin from damage. Lucky for you, all of my soaps not only contain shea butter as a part of my base recipe, but a generous amount. So shop away! All of my Eczema-Targeted Soaps with Shea Butter
7. Jojoba oil is a natural moisturizer that can help reduce inflammation and itching. It's also rich in antioxidants that can help protect the skin from damage. Lucky for you, all of my eczema-targeted soaps contain jojoba oil as a part of my base recipe. So shop away! All of my Eczema-Targeted Soaps with Jojoba Oil
8. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties, making it an appealing treatment option for a variety of skin conditions, including eczema and atopic dermatitis, according to the National Eczema Association. Not only is my Apricot Seed Body Butter and my Ultra Glow Body Butter a very popular item with my eczema customers. The Turmeric & Apricot Seed Soap is a soap I'm struggling to keep in stock because of its proven effectiveness and demand.
9. Lavender oil is a natural anti-inflammatory that can help soothe and calm irritated skin. It also has antiseptic properties that can help prevent infection. Take a look at my Elderberry & Hibiscus Soap, which is an antioxidant powerhouse. But don't forget my Rosewater Soap which is superior at hydration and revitalization. They both contain steam distilled, organic lavender oil, and have a light, yet amazing scent.
10. Rosehip oil is a natural source of vitamin C, which can help promote collagen production and skin regeneration. It's also rich in essential fatty acids that can help repair the skin's barrier function. Lucky for you, all of my eczema-targeted soaps contain rosehip oil as a part of my base recipe. So shop away! All of my Eczema-Targeted Soaps with Rosehip Oil
Since its inception in 2018, Joe-Le Soap has had the trademarked tag line of "small batch, 100% natural, vegan, eczema-friendly, artisan" simply because it is. My late husband Joe and I put a lot of thought into every single recipe crafted. I being too familiar with eczema, and him (GOD rest his soul) being too familiar with Skin Cancer. We didn't play around with the ingredients. Too many consumers and their very delicate skin are at stake. 31.6M of those people happen to have eczema. As a result, quite a bit of focus is placed on that particular group.
I hope this information was helpful to you and your eczema journey. If you have any questions about any of the material, email me directly at email@example.com.